What PII do we collect from the people that visit our website or use our applications?
When obtaining products and services from us, registering for an account to use our applications, or using the “Contact Us” feature of our corporate website, you may be asked to provide your name, email address, mailing address, phone number or other details to help you with your experience.
What location data do we collect from users of our applications?
When using TrapWire Mobile applications, licensed users have the option to allow access to device location services, which are then used in the following ways:
- While using the app: When you are creating an incident report or urgent alert, you can accurately place the incident marker on the map in relation to your current location.
- While the app is in the background: TrapWire uses your current location to know whether you are in proximity to an urgent situation (e.g., active shooter) and whether to send you an urgent alert push notification.
Users may choose to disallow access to device location services; however, app functionality will be degraded.
TrapWire Inc. does not store, retain, provide to third parties, or otherwise use any of your historical location data.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you place an order with us, request information from us, when setting up or modifying your user account for access to TrapWire applications, and/or while using TrapWire applications.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, establish an account, and/or use our website or applications in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our applications in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
How do we protect your information?
We have comprehensive data protection controls in place for our applications in compliance with the Federal Risk and Authorization Management (FedRAMP) standard, including but not limited to:
- Vulnerability scanning and remediation;
- Intrusion detection and prevention mechanisms;
- Encryption of data at rest and in transit;
- Policies and procedures defining proper data handling.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.